In 1981 Ron Smith opened his first salon in the Villa Marina arcade, throughout the ’80s, ’90s, and '00s he had 8 salons throughout the Island, he retired after 30 successful years in business and sold on the Ron Smiths business and trading name to Lydia in 2012 where she continues to run the two salons in Douglas town centre on the same sites they have been for the last 35 years.
We have a team of 8 members of staff that between them have more than 150 years in the hairdressing and barbering industry, a real wealth of knowledge and experience that allows us to be at the forefront of change and style whether it’s the ‘flattop’ of the ’80s, the ‘step’ of the ’90s or the
‘Bieber cut’ of the '00s or the quiffs and comb-overs of the 10’s
We have recently completed a renovation of our Castle Street Salon which is now ready to open on Monday, June 1st with all social distancing guidelines in place. Our Howard Street salon has been redesigned and has almost doubled in size over the last 6 weeks, both salons have a nice fresh new feel, more space, new Epos system, bespoke wallpaper and introducing our own custom-built virtual queue system.
Virtual Queue System
In light of recent global pandemic, we decided to make changes to adapt to a whole new world. So we decided to install a virtual queue system.
How does it work?
1. You will be able to join an online queue through our website or at one of our salons
3. Once it’s your turn for your haircut you will receive an email/text message alert 5 mins before you need to arrive
4. From then, you may make your way to the salon for your haircut
5. To ensure the smooth running of our virtual queue please don't return to the salon until you have received your message
How are we keeping you safe?
- Each client will have a freshly washed gown
- UV Sanitisers for mobile phones
- Disposable masks for each client and washable ones for staff
- All staff have two full lots of equipment and will be kept in disinfection or in a UV sanitising and be rotated after each client
- Wall mounted hand sanitiser pumps
- Our new waiting area complies to social distancing rules